¡6 MONTHS!

Hello Everyone,

First, I want to tell you that I'm so excited to see how the Lord is going to use those who are going on this short term mission trip to Cambodia! How exciting! Let us all keep them in our prayers. :)

_____

It's been officially 6 full months since my arrival, as I'm writing this while at the airport. To renew my visa, I will be taking a short trip to Florida for 5 days and will come back to serve another 2 months! I will be heading to Brazil to spend time with my family after the remaining 2 months.

As I mentioned in my last post, I decided to take a break from one of the ministries. It was a difficult decision but I feel that the Lord is preparing me for the next season in my life so I have peace about this decision.

The past month, I haven't been able to write a post because as my classes have started, I have been swamped with the amount of study load I have :( It has been a hard transition trying to balance school work and ministry work among other responsibilities so I'm so thankful for this quick little trip that I will be able to rest and just focus on my studies.









About 2 weeks ago, I had the pleasure to assist an artist that came to the Institute where I give ESL classes, to paint a wall. I am not artistic at all so I never get involved in the artsy/craft category but this was so much fun. The painting is based on Vincent Van Gogh's "The Starry Night" with a whimsical twist to it. It took over 5 hours to be completed! They plan to add a new painting this next month:)












Last week here in Costa Rica we celebrated Children's day. The kids had so much fun just being kids. Playing games, eating tons of candy from the piñata and running around after getting so sugar high from all the goodies they got!
This ministry is an afterschool program for elementary kids that goes to school across from this church. They offer play days and remedial classes most weekdays afternoon.
I go there a couple times a week and they all scream "Bruna" when they see me and it is the sweetest thing... I will definitely miss them. This ministry is so amazing because they support the kids with afterschool classes so they won't fall behind in school and they have play dates as a reward for those who came to class to keep them motivated!







Today (9/15) here in Costa Rica they are celebrating their independence day. As I was heading to the airport I came across several parades and even at the airport they had a celebration with the passengers as well! It was quite the experience! They are celebrating 198 years of freedom today.






I cannot believe my time here in Costa Rica is coming to an end, I know that the remaining two months will go by so fast so I'm trying to enjoy every moment that I've got!

As for prayer requests, I just ask that I will be able to have a good remaining 2 months and that the Lord will be preparing my heart as I start to take the next step.

Thank you so much for your prayers!


コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

First Week in CR

Ministry: Las Gradas

Learning from Kids.