Groups, Goodbyes and Good News !!

Hi everyone!


Story Time: Samson and Delilah

As I mentioned in my last post, we've been working with short-term groups from the States!
From June to August, we're expecting several groups that will be serving with Christ for the city for a short period of time.
Just last week, I met 2 groups, one from Indiana and another from California. This group from California was from a Korean church in southern California. It was such a pleasure to serve with them. Several spoke Japanese or have visited Japan so it was a very interesting experience!
Being here in Costa Rica, I rarely get to interact with people from Japan (or even Asia for that matter), so I'm always thankful for these opportunities I get to have.

However, one of the difficulties I face when working with groups is the fact that the kids behave differently. Many kids have learning disabilities or behavioral disorder, as it is the tendency for those residing in the slum area. This can make it very hard for those in charge to keep the crowd under control. In Las Gradas is where these pattern of behavior problem is the most evident. We usually can only let in 20-25 kids at once due to this reason. It is just physically impossible to have more kids and manage to keep them engaged and attentive to the activity, whether that is games, crafts or storytime.
But, working with groups means that we make an exception for this rule and let more than 50+ kids come. I have found myself getting very frustrated and overwhelmed with the amount of behavior problems. This is something I need your prayer on. It' rewarding but these ministries are not an easy job. They all require an incredible amount of energy, patience, and love and sometimes it can get very hard.

__________

I mentioned that two volunteers had joined us and were staying with the same host family as me. Well, their time here in CR has ended and they've returned to the States last week. So blessed to be able to share my time with such wonderful ladies!

I'm so thankful to have made some great friendships over the past 5 months. God has blessed me with a diverse group of people that are uplifting and encouraging.

From Youth Group Last Week
__________

GOOD NEWS!

The ministry in Las Gradas has been flourishing!  Through God's provision, a space in the area has been provided to us. This space will be used to provide counseling and spiritual support to those in the area. The space is still under construction.. will share more about it with you all very soon!






I want to thank you again for all your support. Your prayers are deeply appreciated and so is your financial support.

-I thought I would share how your financial support has helped me and the ministry here.With your support, you help me cover my room and board, food and transportation. You help me meet the needs of the ministries I'm involved, providing them with materials for classes, activities, and games. You equip me with work funds so I can find ways to provide them with their necessities.Thank you so much.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

First Week in CR

Ministry: Las Gradas

Learning from Kids.