Comfort Food for the Homesick Girl


Hello there everyone!



For the past few weeks I have been feeling down and unmotivated. I was trying to figure out why as I would come home exhausted every day with no energy. With almost 5 full months of being immersed in the Costa Rican culture and Spanish language, I have come to a point that I really miss speaking with people in English/Portuguese. My brain was just feeling very tired of trying to constantly process the language. I was just very tired of hearing Spanish around me, and then it hit me... homesickness, that's what it is.

This leads up to a story I would like to tell you:)

This past week I have been feeling homesick plus I had a cold in the weekend so overall, I was not feeling very well. I shared my frustration with one of the missionaries and he blessed me with some Brazilian sweets that night. How amazing is that?

2 days later, a Korean missionary invited me and my host family to go out to eat Japanese food. All these months and this is my first time eating out at a Japanese restaurant here! Such a blessing!

God really takes care of His people and this week I felt his love through the people he put in my life 

Feeling encouraged by these amazing people's kind gesture!
________

In about a week I will be working with a group from the States again for 6 days. We will be doing medical fair, house visiting, children ministries, and a special event for Mother's day! Please pray for this group and me as we go and serve His people in different ways.

Excited to see how God will be using each one of us to reach out to His people!





コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

First Week in CR

Ministry: Las Gradas

Learning from Kids.